Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Girls Sundress


Up next for Kids Fashion Week is a super cute little sundress that I made for my niece!


It's so hard for me to hold back and not just make a closet of these for her.

I picked up this great pattern at the second hand store.  I liked it because it has so many great basic shapes and enough sizes that I can probably still use it next few summer seasons.

New Look 6195
I had a bit of cotton batik leftover from my summer tunic project.  It was looking a little on the plain side when I was finished so I cut up a little doily and sewed it on the front for some embellishment.


My niece is just a little on the precocious side.  Her mom had to give her a slightly wacky haircut recently because she got gum stuck in it.  No matter what she did to get it out it was stuck.  My niece doesn't really seem to care, so all's well that ends well I guess~

What's your favourite thing to make for kids in the summer?  Leave a comment.  If you have a link to a project make sure to add it~

6 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Darling! And I love the little doily sewed onto it. Perfect!

Simple Simon and Company said...

I love the detail of the doily....so cute!

Zoƫ said...

Cute dress! I love sewing for kids, their clothes are such quick and satisfying projects :)

Heidi Polcyn said...

Such a cute little pattern! I would be thrilled to find something like that in a thrift store :)
Heidi @ handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

You did a wonderful job on kids clothing week! (I especially liked the camo shorts on Monday.) You definitely have some lucky nieces and nephews.

Adorned From Above said...

Very cute. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Blog Hop. The party will be back this week starting Tuesday and 8:00PM mountain time. We can't wait to see what you have to share this week.
Have a great week.
Debi and Charly
http://www.adornedfromabove.com

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...